Website Skyplan Services Limited
Skyplan Services Ltd is hiring qualified persons for airline Flight Dispatch. Multiple positions are available!
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Skyplan via E-Mail Dispatchjobs@skyplan.com
with “Dispatch Position” in the subject line of the email.
- Able to work in Canada (Canadian Citizen or permanent resident)
- Successful completion of Transport Canada Generic Flight Dispatch exams (FDOPS, FDMET)
- All Skyplan Flight Dispatchers to be qualified in accordance with CAR 705 and CASS 725
- Minimum of 21 years of age as per Transport Canada
- Valid Air Operator Radio License (ROC-A)
- Ability to work shift work including nights
- Ability to prioritize and work in a high energy environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate in a professional, clear and concise manner
- Excellent Customer service skills
- Excellent typing skills
- Good working knowledge of general computer and software applications (Windows)
- An understanding of publications (CARS, FARs, AIM, CFS, RCAP, etc) and procedures
- Previous airline operational experience is an asset. (Flight Dispatch experience preferred)
- FAA Dispatch License is an asset
- Ability to obtain and retain an Airport Restricted Area Identification Card
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing, reviewing, authorizing, issuing and revising, as required, Operational Flight Plans, on a co-authority basis with the Pilot-In-Command.
- Performing Operational Flight Watch and for determining if changes to operational and meteorological conditions may affect the safety of flights within a prescribed area or on assigned routes, and for communicating those changes to the pilot-in-command, as required.
- Analyzing operational conditions and identifying any opportunities that may benefit, constrain or impede operational capabilities, inclusive of, but not limited to, weather, facilities, Air Traffic Control, and aircraft performance.
- Communicating to Air Traffic Control Services all Operational Flight Plan requirements.
- Ensuring that all aircraft are dispatched in accordance with the provisions set out in the Aircraft Operating Manual, Minimum Equipment List, Flight Operations/Flight Dispatch Manual and governing Regulations.
- Ensure that the pilot-in-command is furnished while en route, by appropriate means, with all information that may be necessary for the safe conduct of the flight.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the serviceability of airports, runways, airways and navigational aids used by the Company for assigned workload areas. Maintain a thorough knowledge of all applicable Company publications, including the Flight Dispatch Manual, Flight Operations Manual and Jeppesen Enroute and Airport Charts.
- Soliciting, interpreting, and maintaining current flight and field condition reports to provide flight crews with the latest operational information.
- Communication with the Manager Flight Dispatch and other positions within System Operations Control to ensure that adequate information flow is maintained with respect to any beneficial or operational problems associated with flights or operating areas.
- Communicating information to the Manager Flight Dispatch with regard to Incidents and / or Categories as per the Flight Dispatch Manual and the Emergency Response Manual.
- Perform duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety, the safety of coworkers and customers.
- Coordinate with various other departments, both customer-related and internal
- Flight Dispatch support for clients utilizing Skyplan’s online software.
Based in Calgary, Alberta, Skyplan Services Ltd has been a global supplier of Flight Operations Support services to airlines, corporate aircraft operators, aircraft ferry companies, and the general aviation community since its inception in 1983. In 2008, Skyplan expanded operations to better serve our clients with an additional office in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates (Skyplan FZC). All of our dispatchers are Transport Canada Certified and maintain that standard throughout employment. Skyplan has developed and maintains its own flight planning engine and is the primary hosted source for flight plans and text weather for several major flight service companies as well as numerous airlines throughout the world.
Our in-house Flight Dispatch services can include:
- Flight Planning for Canadian and US based airlines
- Flight Following & Flight Watch
- Flight Dispatch for commercial, corporate and private aviation
- International Trip Coordination for commercial, corporate and private aviation
- Contract Aviation Fuel
Skyplan Services Limited is an equal-opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Skyplan Services Limited would like to thank everyone for their interest in this opportunity.
To apply for this job please visit skyplan.com.