Skyplan has led the way in digital and web based flight-planning, a technique we first introduced in 1998. Aurora is the culmination of that experience.
Using aircraft performance and meteorological models, Aurora offers reliable and accurate flight planning results along with optimized routing, precise fuel burns, and integrated performance tools. Together, these translate into reduced operational costs for your business.
Aurora gives you the tools you need to plan, build, test, manage, visualize, file, and up-link flight plans to your aircraft’s Flight Management System (FMS) from any location in the world, at any time, by using a variety of communication networks.
Today, Aurora’s powerful cutting-edge server infrastructure assures short response times and high bandwidth for complex flight planning tasks. Combine this with an intuitive user interface and a dedicated 24/7 support network, and you have a product that allows you to focus on your flight operations and not on your flight planning software.
Demo Aurora by Skyplan, and see for yourself the meaning of Flight Planning, Evolved!
Calculating a flight plan is a complex task, using a flight planning tool shouldn’t be.
Aurora’s customizable and intuitive user interface maximizes planning efficiency and minimizes training overhead.
Change screen layouts, create templates and even change color schemes, Aurora gives you the freedom to “make it yours”.
Complex flight planning operations require serious computing power.
Aurora’s robust server architecture and simultaneous process handling means you’ll spend less time waiting for your flight plan results.
Isn’t it time you put the power of Aurora to work for you?
Our web-based service means users do not need to install client software, process updates of airspace data (AIRAC), or maintain a flight planning server infrastructure.
Internet EnabledAurora works on nearly any internet enabled platform, giving you unparalleled flexibility and accessibility to your flight planning tools.
- Simply login to Aurora and start planning. Anywhere! Anytime!
- Pilots and Dispatchers demand accurate flight plan results, minimal response times, and zero downtime. Aurora delivers!
Proven User-Ready Models
- Proven aircraft performance and meteorological models provide reliable, accurate, safety enhancing results.
- Optimized routing, precise fuel burns, and integrated performance tools translate into reduced maintenance and fuel costs.
Aurora offers the power, features, and capability you need to create even the most complex flight plans with ease.
Get Accuracy & Performance
- Access a global navigation database with over 24,000 airports that is updated every 28 days (AIRAC) and which provides worldwide flight planning capability.
- Make use of performance data for over 450 types and series of aircraft, each with various standard and non-standard cruise modes.
- Take advantage of user adjustable fuel burn biasing for all segments of flight.
- We update GRIB2 Wind data for both NOAA and UKMO forecast models FOUR times daily, giving you constant access to accurate wind information.
- Aurora’s Global Weather (Wx) database is updated from multiple redundant sources.
Comprehensive & Full-Featured Flight Planning
- Access a vast array of route planning options including: Computer Optimized Routes, FIR Avoidance Routings, User Stored Routes and many others.
- Eurocontrol IFPS routing tool provides flight plan validation and CFMU RAD compliant proposed routings.
- Supports Single-scenario Equal Time Points (ETP) as well as 3-ETP flight planning, including O2 ETP flight planning.
- Supports ETOPS flight planning with graphical ETOPS overlay.
- Secondary flight plan calculation for single or multiple scenarios.
- Calculate PNR (Point of No Return) and/or PSR (Point of Safe Return).
- Supports Re-Release flight planning (CFR Part 121- OpSpec B044).
- Supports multiple flexible track structures including North Atlantic Tracks (NAT), Pacific Tracks (PAC), Northern Tracks (NOR), and Australian Flex Tracks (FLX).
- Integrated RAIM/FDE Prediction Tool (Receiver Autonomous Integrity Monitoring (RAIM)/Fault Detection and Exclusion (FDE)).
Weather at your Fingertips
- Aurora’s intuitive on- the-fly weather lookup gives you the weather information you need, when you require it, throughout the planning process.
- View Aurora’s graphical weather overlays of forecasted or current weather, based on area and altitude.
- Use Aurora’s automated Weather Briefing functionality to quickly view weather details along significant points of your flight path. Automatically incorporate this information into your Flight Plan.
- Download and print weather maps for variable altitudes, areas, and times.
- Aurora Weather Queries provide convenient access to global weather data. Build and store your favorite weather queries for quick and convenient weather look-ups.
- Increase your situational awareness by viewing current weather along your flight path. Overlay multiple animated and static weather data-sets onto your route graphic.
- View forecasted weather that could affect your flight. Plan for the future! Graphical Turbulence and Significant Weather Forecasts help keep your flight operation out of hazardous weather areas.
- Our historical wind database includes annual, quarterly, and monthly wind averages, allowing you to estimate and plan for future trips.
- Aurora’s 100% web-based system eliminates the need for client software downloads or updates.
- Graphical depiction of the flight plan route with animated and still frame weather overlays show what’s happening right now with weather along your route.
- Custom flight plan formats. We can model any flight plan output format that you require, allowing you to satisfy your organization’s operational requirements.
- Flight plan templates allow users to store the details of frequently run flight legs and reload them later; saving time and money during flight planning.
- We provide hundreds of pre-defined fuel reserve policies that you can apply to your flight, aircraft, or company fuel profile.
- Count on Skyplan to provide technical support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Call us, we can help.
Do you need your flight planning solution in a custom format?
Do you require a special fuel reserve policy?
With the power and flexibility of Aurora your bespoke flight planning solution is closer than you think.